Install Kodi 18 on Mac in UNDER 2 minutes
This step by step tutorial will show you how to install kodi for mac computers.
Installing Kodi on your Mac makes it simple to use this powerful application, especially when you’re traveling.
Kodi on your Mac will allow you to watch movies, TV shows, live TV channels, sports and more.
Since Kodi is not available in the Apple app store, we must install the app from the official Kodi website.
Using an Android emulator like BlueStacks is another option to install APK like Kodi on your Mac.
If you own a Windows PC and want to install APK, I suggest you check out our guide below for more information on BlueStacks.
How to install Android apps on a Windows PC
For installing Kodi on other popular streaming devices, we would need to “side-load” the application as seen in our Jailbreak Firestick tutorial.
This page is continually updated and will always provide relevant guides with the latest stable version of Kodi. As of today, Kodi 18.6 Leia is the stable version.
The following Kodi installation method works on all Mac devices running Mac OS X 10.8 and higher.
How to Install Kodi for Mac – Kodi 18 Guide
The following step-by-step guide will show you how to install Kodi for Mac. In this example, we are using a MacBook Pro with macOS Mojave version 10.14.6.
1. Open an Internet browser on your Mac and visit the official Kodi website – https://kodi.tv/
2. Once on the Kodi website click Download button in the upper right of your screen.
3. Scroll down and click the MacOS icon under “Choose your weapon.”
4. Then select the Installer (64BIT) button.
5. Kodi will start downloading to your Mac. You will want to click the download icon on the bottom left side of the screen when the download completes.
6. Drag the Kodi icon to your Applications folder.
7. Open your Applications folder and locate the Kodi app.
8. Click Open when prompted with this message.
9. That’s it! You have successfully installed Kodi for your Mac.
Final Step: Kodi doesn’t do much without the great 3rd party addons that provide free movies, TV shows, channels, live sports, etc.
How to reset Kodi on Mac
Once you have Kodi installed on your Mac it’s important to understand how to reset the app to default.
This helps when you want to remove plugins, builds, wizards etc.
Follow the quick steps below for resetting Kodi on your Mac.
1. On the desktop of your Mac hover over the Go option in the upper menu and click Go to Folder.
2. The Go to Folder box will then appear.
3. Enter in the following text – “~/Library/Application Support”
4. Locate the Kodi folder.
5. ~ / Library / Application support Move to Trash.
That’s it! That’s!
You have now successfully reset Kodi to the default on your Mac.
For more tutorials on how to reset Kodi to defaults on other popular devices, see the guides below.
As mentioned previously, Kodi is one of the best applications available today when it comes to streaming and it’s media center capabilities.
I suggest looking at our detailed Kodi guide that will explain everything you need to know about this great app.
What is kodi? All you need to know
Kodi’s true power comes from the various plugins, builds, repositories, and wizards that can be easily added to the software to provide additional functionality.
Check out our most popular Kodi tutorials below for more information.
For more Kodi tutorials, be sure to check out our Kodi Resource Guide.
Can you use Kodi on Mac?
Yes. Check out our tutorial on how to install Kodi on Mac.
What is Kodi for Mac?
Kodi is a free and open source multimedia hub application that can be installed on a Mac.
How do you reset Kodi on Mac?
To reset Kodi on a Mac, you need to delete the app data within your Mac’s library. See our tutorial for more information.
Is Kodi legal on Mac?
Kodi is 100% legal and is available for installation on almost any device. However, what you access on Kodi may be illegal. Always use a VPN as described on this page so that you can use your Mac anonymously.